The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Weird Applescript Trouble Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OF Running on two machines sharing a DB via a network Share.
One Machine is Leopard Server 10.5.1
One Machine is Macbook Pro Leopard 10.5.1

On both machines I setup an Entourage script I scrapped from elsewhere in the forums thanks to that author.

The challenge is with the activate applescript to bring the quick entry window forward. A snippet of the overall script is below. Its the same script on both machines on the Leopard Server the code works perfectly however on the Macbook pro I get a script error saying the activate piece of the tell for quick entry is missing a parameter?

Any experts out there that can spot what I am doing wrong?

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
			set theDoc to default document
			set theTask to theName
			set theNote to theContent
			tell quick entry
				set NewTask to make new inbox task with properties {name:theTask, note:theContent}
				tell the note of NewTask
					make new file attachment with properties {file name:theFileName, embedded:true}
				end tell
				activate
			end tell
		end tell

The following works on Leopard Server 10.5.1 with OF
but gives an error missing parameter on activate
on my Macbook Pro Leopard 10.5.1

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Is this worthy of a bug report email?

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"
	tell quick entry
		activate
	end tell
end tell

works for me on Mac Pro 10.5.1
I'll give our OmniFocus/ApppleScript guru a heads-up on this thread, 'cause I'm not coming up with any ideas.

One more thought -- make sure you're running the same version of Focus on both machines, and that both machines are using *that* version to parse the AppleScript.

I checked with one of our engineers on this. He says it's kinda Apple's fault, but there may be something we can do to work around it. Please send an email to our ninjas so that the bug gets properly filed.