The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Saving links broken in 5.5?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't know whether this strange behavior is something with my settings but with 5.5 I have problems to download links. Even the .dmg download of the latest OW beta was not possible!? After clicking a link with a downloadable file only a gray window opens and no download is started. This happens most with .dmg files, less with .pdf and others.

Anyone else having this behavior? As this renders OW useless to me I temporally stick back to Safari....

Cheers, Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika33
I don't know whether this strange behavior is something with my settings but with 5.5 I have problems to download links. Even the .dmg download of the latest OW beta was not possible!? After clicking a link with a downloadable file only a gray window opens and no download is started. This happens most with .dmg files, less with .pdf and others.

Anyone else having this behavior? As this renders OW useless to me I temporally stick back to Safari....

Cheers, Mika

Not having this problem.

Are you using app in English or another language? Is anything written to the Error Log (Command-Shift-L) when this happens?

You also might want to contact our support team using Send Feedback (from the Help menu).

Oh my god, this was stupid thing :eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Are you using app in English or another language? Is anything written to the Error Log (Command-Shift-L) when this happens?
This was the golden tip! I found out that I filtered the download site! When I tried to access http://downloads.extremesims.com/omnigroup with a filter on:

".ads"

OW stopped the process. Removing this filter started downloads immediately.

Cheers, Mika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika33
Oh my god, this was stupid thing :eek:

This was the golden tip! I found out that I filtered the download site! When I tried to access http://downloads.extremesims.com/omnigroup with a filter on:

".ads"

OW stopped the process. Removing this filter started downloads immediately.

Cheers, Mika
There are no ads on the downloads site, and just one little tiny ad on the extremesims.com site proper. ;)

OmniWeb will currently block anything that matches the ad block list so one must be careful when setting this up to avoid false positives.

Here are a couple ways to block urls with "ads" in the actual address that work well:

/ads\..*\.com/
/ads/