The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Any tricks for reliable use of attachments or links to cloud files? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The links are to the documents in the DEVONthink database-from there you could send them to an app that supports the particular filetype using the iOS 'Open In' command.

For example, you could link a PDF in the DEVONthink Mac database to a task in OmniFocus Mac. When you click on the link in OmniFocus Mac, the document would open in DEVONthink Mac and from there you can open the document in Preview, Skim, etc.

If you also sync that document from DEVONthink Mac to DEVONthink To Go (universal app for iPad/iPhone, then click on the link in OmniFocus iPad/iPhone, then the document opens in DEVONthink To Go. At this point, you would click on the 'Open In' command, select a supported app such as GoodReader, where you could make annotations, etc., and send the edited document back to DEVONthink To Go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
If you also sync that document from DEVONthink Mac to DEVONthink To Go (universal app for iPad/iPhone, then click on the link in OmniFocus iPad/iPhone, then the document opens in DEVONthink To Go. At this point, you would click on the 'Open In' command, select a supported app such as GoodReader, where you could make annotations, etc., and send the edited document back to DEVONthink To Go.
that would be fantastic. I've noticed that iOS apps seem to have their own local copies of files - in other apps, when there's an attachment and I make edits to it, the edits don't show up on the attachment - I have to mail myself back the edited file, I can't "edit in place" and have the edits saved to the original. Does this in fact work with DEVONthink To Go? it would be great if my linked PDFs could be annotated and the files actually changed in the DTG database so they're available later from other computers.