The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can't move projects in v1.7 [A: Bug reproed, will fix. Workaround: rotate phone.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There seems to be a bug. I can't move projects into folders. All I see is Top Level in the screen that comes up when I tap the move icon in the lower right of the project screen. This is similar to a different bug I reported a while back

Really sorry for the trouble here - we discovered this problem shortly after shipping. If you force the phone to refresh the screen by rotating your device, you'll be able to re-file the item at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Really sorry for the trouble here - we discovered this problem shortly after shipping. If you force the phone to refresh the screen by rotating your device, you'll be able to re-file the item at that point.
Thanks for the quick reply Brian and the work around. That worked for me.

I was having the same problem, but this workaround also worked. Thanks.

I just started using Omnifocus and had a question. I have created a folder and am trying to move existing projects into it. I tried the method of tapping edit, then the project, then the resort button but it only gives me the option of the current project name and (Top Level) which is not selectable. What am I doing wrong?

That's a newly introduced bug, unfortunately. Supposedly if you rotate the phone into the other orientation (landscape vs. portrait) the whole list will show up. See this thread for details: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=16569

Adding the words "action" and "group" to this thread so it turns up in more searches. :-)

Thanks, This worked. I posted to http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=13390 asking about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This bug has been around for a long time. Because the item-moving procedure described in the iPhone manual was obviously incorrect, I just assumed you were like most other software companies, for which the connection between documentation and software is tenuous at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcogilvie View Post
This bug has been around for a long time.
Are you sure about that? I hadn't seen it prior to a few days before 1.7 shipped, and I am a very heavy user of that functionality.

Did you ever report the problem in any fashion? Problems with the documentation not matching the application should be reported just like any other problem. Sometimes the documentation needs to be adjusted, sometimes the application needs to be adjusted, sometimes the user needs to be adjusted, all are outcomes made more likely by submitting feedback. Don't sit quietly grumbling in the corner about how something isn't right, speak up!