The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't delete perspectives? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

Before I file this as a bug, can anyone else confirm the inability to delete perspectives using the keyboard?

Perspectives > Show Perspectives

Select a Perspective

Press Delete (or option-Delete or command-Delete)

Beep! and no deletion.

Using Edit > Delete or the Action menu > Delete Perspective works.

Which version (both OF and OS) are you using? It just worked for me in the 1.8 sneaky peek (126312) under Tiger. I can also confirm that there's no Undo for that particular operation :-)

Are you certain that the Perspectives window had focus and all of that? Does the behavior persist if you restart OmniFocus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I can also confirm that there's no Undo for that particular operation :-)
Ouch. My condolences.

-Dennis

Quote:
Which version (both OF and OS) are you using? It just worked for me in the 1.8 sneaky peek (126312) under Tiger. I can also confirm that there's no Undo for that particular operation :-)

Are you certain that the Perspectives window had focus and all of that? Does the behavior persist if you restart OmniFocus?

Yep, has focus, and latest sneaky peek (though under Snow Leopard 10.6.2), and persists, not just across quits, but on multiple machines.

Sorry about the perspective loss, I didn't even think of that....

Oh, it wasn't a problem -- I'd accumulated a bunch of "test" perspectives that needed cleaning out. Just thought I'd warn anyone who wasn't aware that not every action can be easily undone!

Update: This appears to be a bug on Snow Leopard only -- I can delete perspectives on Tiger and Leopard without trouble, but get the error jasong reports when I try it with the same database on Snow Leopard. File those bug reports!

Quote:
Update: This appears to be a bug on Snow Leopard only -- I can delete perspectives on Tiger and Leopard without trouble, but get the error jasong reports when I try it with the same database on Snow Leopard. File those bug reports!
Thanks for the regression testing. I've sent feedback and pointed to this thread.