The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New product idea: A Thought Graphing tool Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there!

I've been looking all over the internet for a tool where I can easily jot down thoughts, link them to categories or to eachother and produce a document from a selection of them but to no avail. Being a software developer I've considered creating the software myself but I'm just too busy with other stuff to do that right now so I thought I'd turn to you guys :)
I'm sure a lot of people would benefit from a tool where information is not stored in a hierchical tree structure but in a graph structure. That way one can follow the links from one 'thought' to another instead of having to remember where in the tree structure it has been stored.
Right now I'm trying to organize some information about improvisation theater. A tree structure is not enough to accomplish this though since one improv exercise often serves more than one purpose. I want to be able to click on a category, see what exercises belong to them and also be able to click on an exercise to see what categories it belongs to.
It can be extended to link the item (in my case the improv exercises) to files, audio clips, movies, contacts, calendar entries, ... The possibilities are limitless.
If you see some value in a product like this I'd be very happy to supply a detailed document with the features and functional requirements as I see them together with some GUI suggestions. This document could be used by your team as a basis to start from. And I'd be very happy to beta test the thing too! :)

Cheers,
Stef

in essence, isn't this voodoo pad or the much under-rated notepad studio?