The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Clippings Error Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

i got on two fresh installed Macīs the following error when i use the Clippings Hotkey:
(Debug Message from Console Screen)

11.02.08 19:58:57 GrowlHelperApp[165] Auto-discovered registration ticket in OmniFocus (located at /Applications/OmniFocus.app)

11.02.08 19:58:57 OmniFocus[882] *** -[NSCFString count]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1748b1f0

11.02.08 19:58:57 OmniFocus[882] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: '*** -[NSCFString count]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1748b1f0' invoked observer method: '*** -[Controller applicationDidFinishLaunching:]' observer: 0x681f40 notification name: 'NSApplicationDidFinishLaunchingNotification'

I think, it is a general Problem who many Users have in the Forum.

Please Omni Developers, give us a try to find out the problem whatīs went wrong when we would like to use the great Clippings Feature in OmniFocus.

Kind regards,
Michael

FWIW, other than the first message about Growl discovering OmniFocus, I don't see any of these in my Console. I haven't had any problems with my clipping hot key either.

Thus you mean, your Clippings hot key is working in the right function.

Then i donīt understand the Problem with my Clipping Keys.

All the same in which Application, nothing appears in my OmniFocus Inbox, only the Message "Application not found" is coming up.

Can you tell me, what Keyboard Shortcut do you use for the Clippings Feature?

Thank you, for your Answer :)

I use control-back tick (control-`) and have it setup to send clippings to the Quick Entry window.

This is the configuration I've been using since late in the beta phase and I've never had any problems with it.

I hope this helps and sorry I can't be of more help.

Big thanks for your Help Toadling :)

Unfortunately i found no way to solve this problem :(

Itīs always the same, use the Clippings Hot Key in Safari, Safari stop working and then the error message above comes up.

I have no more Idea :(

Perhaps any other found a way out, to get it work correctly.
I hope so ;)

Greetings, Michael

It sounds like OS X is having trouble launching OmniFocus when you hit the clipping shortcut for some reason. If you leave OmniFocus running and then hit the clipping shortcut in another app, does the behavior change at all?

If OF is running when this happens, I'm not really sure what's going on - you should send email to the support ninjas.

Thank you for your answer Brian :)

I removed all Scripts from my OS X Services Menu, by hand.
Then installed OmniFocus again in another Location and now itīs going on :)

Problem solved!

Big thx, to all.