The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Completion windows near bottom of screen are unusable Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's one of those annoying bug that you hardly ever see but when you do, it completely makes things a PITA.

If you have a window bottom edge near the bottom edge of the screen, any items at the bottom show up with very small Context/Project entry fields.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pastedGraphic.png
Views:	637
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	438

I reported this issue in July, and was given bug [OG #184277] and the following response:

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to write us! This is a known issue that we are currently working to correct.
I really hope this gets fixed for the 1.0, as it's a pretty bad usability bug. In some cases, even the single line doesn't show up (when the cell you're typing in is big enough to extend below the window edge:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pastedGraphic-2.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	440

(That should be showing the selection window, but since it is attached to the bottom of the cell, and the bottom of the cell is hidden....

I'm mentioning it here in case others would like to file their bug reports (and, honestly, in hopes that Tim sees this...)

It looks like this bug has been deferred and won't make the 1.0 release. But it is still in the system; we haven't forgotten it.