The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

actions are not deleted on the iphone, just scrubbed out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

When I delete an action on the computer, sync it, and then look at the same list on my ipod touch. The action has not been deleted, it just has a line throught it. I have to physically delete it again. Can I organise it so that whatever is deleted on the computer is deleted on the ipod and vice versa?

Thanks for your help

Did you also sync your iPod touch in that sequence of events, after syncing the desktop Mac? If not, it wouldn't know that you had deleted the action on your desktop Mac, even though the desktop Mac had done a sync. Doing a sync just publishes the change to a central clearinghouse, so to speak, but the affected parties still need to have checked in to find out about the change. Doing a sync both publishes new changes to the clearinghouse and incorporates any new changes published by other clients.

If you delete an action on your desktop, sync the desktop, then sync the iPod, the action should also disappear from your iPod. No special configuration needed. Similarly, if you delete something on the iPod, do a sync of the iPod, and then a sync of the desktop, it should disappear from the desktop.