The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone 1.7 on 3G Phone Crashes during sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Everytime I sync over WiFi it crashes. I deleted the app from the phone and now everytime I sync back it crashes while retrieving database. Anyone else having issues?

Webpoint, I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing! The main culprit when this happens is a database that has grown large; the phone is running out of memory during the sync process, causing OmniFocus to be shut down.

Are you syncing the phone with a Mac, or using the phone by itself and syncing as a backup?

If it's the former, the tips in this thread may help you reduce the size of your sync database and prevent the phone from running out of memory.

If you're not syncing with a Mac, the tips in that thread won't work, but our support ninjas can help get you back up and running again.

(Just in case this is some sort of new syncing issue, I moved your post to its own thread in the Sync forum. If someone searches the forum for "Sync", they're more likely to find it this way.)