The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

fun! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was just gonna say my task list needs more bling . . .

Okay... haven't seen this one discussed yet...
http://www.culturedcode.com/things/

the first app I"ve seen on mac update .. the layout looks distracting to me ..

the second one I"ve not heard of yet .. but when someone starts mentioning " easiest to use " I get nervous ..
I"ll put my money on the Omni Group .

@ext555 If you don't like ease of use, maybe you are on the wrong platform? I am glad that these people are at least trying. I have tested practically every GTD app for the mac. And all of them left much to be desired. I am glad to see that there is serious competition to OF. Especially when the app looks as well done as Things from culturedcode.

gtdguy, I didn't say I didn't like ease of use ; )
I said when they say " easiest to use " I get nervous or I should have said leery of the app.. I"ve also tested just about every gtd app for the mac , and the problem with most of them is , they try to " do " the process instead of just being what they should be " a tool " .

Things looks like a nice program ..but without having touched an alpha or a beta copy , I'm not sure I"m ready to call anything " well done " ..
I can point you to many apps [and I'm sure you've had the same experience ] that look like using it should change your life [from what you see on their web site and screen shots ] but using them is a totally different experience . This post is getting long already , but I guess what I'm trying to say is , Omni hasn't made any " easiest to use " or " change your life " claims about OF . They're just letting us tell them what works and what doesn't , for us .

I'm sticking with Omni, but boy do those tags look delicious.