The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Looking for clever ideas: non-regular recurring tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered, I did a search but couldn't see anything related to this. If I've missed it please feel free to point me in the right direction.

So the situation - I have a meeting on Monday nights, and have set up a recurring task to start on the Sunday before, to remind me to collect together the stuff I need for the meeting and take it with me the next day.

The problem: although this meeting is always Monday nights, it's sometimes weekly, but can also fairly often skip a week. So although it's the same night each time, it's not always every week.

In this case, it's pretty clear setting a recurring task isn't going to work. I love the "start again x weeks after completion" function, but can't see that I can use it here.

Anyone got any clever ideas how best to handle this situation? I thought of setting up a template project to copy/paste, but it's only a single task...