The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Command-click --> 1.5 tabs selected Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the early days of OmniWeb 5.5 sneaky peeks, I sent in this bug report:

-----------------

Since I started using OmniWeb 5.5sp1, I've had a chronic problem with command-clicking a link to open the destination page in a background tab. This habit was very strongly set in earlier releases of OmniWeb.

Every once in a while (perhaps 1 of every 50 command-clicks), the new tab is selected, leaving the original tab outlined in blue. Here's a screen snippet of the tab drawer:

I have been unable to determine what makes this happens. It's never repeatable.

-----------------

I think I may have found the trigger for this behavior. The page in the newly selected tab has a blocked pop-up window.

-- Ward
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.5tabs.gif
Views:	701
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	38  

A few minutes after reporting my suspicion that the blocked pop-up was triggering the "1.5 tab selection" behavior, I had it happen with a page that has no pop-up (but it does have at least one ad-blocked image).

This time the problem is repeatable:

1. Open <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/>.

2. Locate this headline: "Paper: Blair Caved In To White House On Iran And Global Warming In Speech..." (This item will disappear in 12- 48 hours. With luck, another Washington Post link will show up.)

3. Command-click the link.

[copy of my formal bug report]

Last edited by Ward; 2006-05-29 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: URL was not automatically detected

I just tried it, it does it here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
2. Locate this headline: "Paper: Blair Caved In To White House On Iran And Global Warming In Speech..." (This item will disappear in 12- 48 hours. With luck, another Washington Post link will show up.)
This article is about to disappear. I've tested links to other Washington Post articles, and they all exhibit the problem behavior.

Searching the <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/> page source for "washingtonpost" is likely to find at least one article on any given day. Or you can roll over article headlines until "washingtonpost" shows up in the status bar.