The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal Sync not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to get OF set up, but can not get it to sync with iCal. It worked yesterday to move my iCal calendar into OF and then to sync it back with the Contexts added to the front of the iCal task subjects.

Since then, however, I have made edits in iCal and OF, and none of these edits are syncing between the two programs.

Why did it stop and how can I get the feature working again?

Thanks,
Bob

You are using the File->Synchronize with iCal command to cause a sync to happen, right? The OF<->iCal syncs don't happen automatically, only on demand.

If that isn't the issue, you should contact the support ninjas via Help->Send Feedback or call 1-800-315-OMNI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You are using the File->Synchronize with iCal command to cause a sync to happen, right? The OF<->iCal syncs don't happen automatically, only on demand.
right, I am using both the sync with iCal button and the menu item under file. With both, a little window opens that says "synchronizing," but nothing actually happens.

I could call support, but I feel funny doing that as I have not yet paid for the app. I also found a tip in another log that I will try when I get home.

Thanks for the response.

Nope, shouldn't feel funny about it at all -- call them up, you're a potential customer, they want you as a customer, and maybe there's a bug here you can help them find. Tell them I sent you :-)