The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trouble setting line geometry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just downloaded OmniGraffle to see if it'll do some diagrams I need to make at work. In the attached file I put in a couple circles and a few lines. I want to adjust the geometry of the lines. When I click the bottom line I can make adjustments. But when I click one of the other two lines, the geometry boxes remain blank. I can't figure out what is different between the one line and the other two.
Attached Files
File Type: zip diagram.zip (68.5 KB, 470 views)

Good question there - the shape that's still editable is almost connected to the shape, but not actually snapped on. That's the difference.

Once a line is snapped onto another shape, it's going to reshape itself whenever that shape is moved. A lot of the functionality in that inspector gets subordinated to whatever the other shape does.

(Discussing this with the team, "Width" and "Length" could be useful in this context; we have a feature request open on enabling those controls, at least.)

Sorry for the confusion this caused!

That helped, thanks. I disconnected the lines from the circle then set the circle not to accept connections. Then I was able to size the lines the way I wanted.