The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WebDAV - expected directory but got flat file? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hello - trying to set up synch with my host's (GoDaddy) webDAV "Online Folders."

I'm getting the following error:

Unable to synchronize database with server.
Unable to read document.
Expected a directory at "https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/webdav/index.php/lhoffman/OmniFocus.ofocus/" but got a flat file.

I'm able to connect to the folder fine via Go -> Connect to Server... so I believe the address is fine.

Any help would be mucho appreciated!

Larry

And if you point the Finder at that folder, what does it think the OmniFocus.ofocus file is? Can you do Show Package Contents on it from the contextual menu (select file, right or control-click to get the menu, select Show Package Contents if present)?

I would try removing that file and trying the sync operation again. If you get the same problem, perhaps your ISP's WebDAV implementation is not sufficiently adherent to the standard to be used with OmniFocus, or there's some configuration issue on the server end to be addressed. Do report back on either success or failure so that we know whether GoDaddy can be a workable sync solution or not.

There is no .ofocus file there at the moment, I'm trying to sync for the first time.

Interestingly though, when I open the folder via the Finder (connect to server...), I have read-only permissions. I can write to it fine from my PC laptop, using the same log-on credentials. So I'm not sure if this is a GoDaddy problem, a problem of the OS X image my company put on my mac laptop (it's a work machine I'm trying to set up for the first time - finally got issued a mac), or just a "wet-ware" problem on my end.

Grrr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoff View Post
There is no .ofocus file there at the moment, I'm trying to sync for the first time.

Interestingly though, when I open the folder via the Finder (connect to server...), I have read-only permissions. I can write to it fine from my PC laptop, using the same log-on credentials. So I'm not sure if this is a GoDaddy problem, a problem of the OS X image my company put on my mac laptop (it's a work machine I'm trying to set up for the first time - finally got issued a mac), or just a "wet-ware" problem on my end.

Grrr...
Anybody get this working? I am getting the same error. I bought a GoDaddy account just for this feature.

Thanks!

I never got it working. Wound up just going with MobileMe, which works great. One mark against GoDaddy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkw View Post
Anybody get this working? I am getting the same error. I bought a GoDaddy account just for this feature.

Thanks!
I also bought a GoDaddy Online File Folder just for this. I tried several times and got the flat file message as well. I finally did a sync with a local external hard drive, then copied those files to my Online File Folder and directed OmniFocus to sync there.

It has worked for a few days at a time, syncing my iPhone to it as well. Then eventually I get an error message and it stops. The most recent message told me the database had been reverted to an earlier version and could no longer sync.

I am giving omnifocus a 14-day trial and was curious if anyone has successfully synced with godaddy's onlinefilefolder webdav? It's been almost a year since the last message in this thread. Please let me know. Thanks.