The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

5.5b3: Yahoo groups / cookies problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have a Yahoo group RSS'd. When I tell OW to open the new messages, each message window tells me my browser isn't accepting cookies, even though I've verified my preferences and can see the cookie icon on the status bar. This situation has been around in the sneaky peeks, as well.

I didn't see this problem myself (don't use yahoo RSS), but just an idea on this: Could it be possible that you set OW to accept cookies for www.yahoo.{tld}, but RSS takes you to {somehost}.yahoo.{tld}?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
Could it be possible that you set OW to accept cookies for www.yahoo.{tld}, but RSS takes you to {somehost}.yahoo.{tld}?
I'll have to check that out the next time I have unviewed content. Since someplace.yahoo.com is the same as yahoo.com/someplace I would think it wouldn't be the cause, but I won't know until I look. Thanks for the suggestion.