The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

1.1: missing my triangles! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Looks like 1.1 cleaned up the interface by removing bullets and triangles entirely from the main pane (except when mousing over). Does anybody else miss those triangles? I find it hard to pick out collapsed action groups from regular actions now.

I wonder if controlling the bullets' appearance will eventually be part of the Styles pane options (as in OmniOutliner)...

In the latest Sneaky Peek (rev. 102760) I see all the triangles but only get bullets on mouse over. I also changed Action Groups to use the same style as projects, except for the background color, which helps.

Curt

Upon further review, some triangles are there and some aren't, and for the life of me I can't figure out the logic of why they appear or don't.

On my system, the disclosure triangles only appear on mouse-over for completed action groups. In all other cases, they're always visible.

I reported this to the Omni Group a couple days ago and they've acknowledged it's a bug. Is this the same thing you're seeing Craig?

-Dennis

It's what I saw too. I had about a dozen groups, and only the last one showed the disclosure triangle (the others did, but only during mouse-over). A ninja told me to try resetting my Styles prefs, but that did not resolve the issue. Expand all does work fortunately.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2008-07-22 at 08:43 PM..

7/21/08 update: still not working correctly with v. ...103163.

Well here's another clue for you all: Disclosure triangles are not showing up (except when moused over) in a Single-Action List of mine, whereas they are when I change it to a sequential or parallel project, they show up. (Although I do recall some project or Single Action List container where the last group had its disclosure triangle visible, but not in the groups above it in the same container.)

Bob

Yeah, we're aware of it and tracking it as Bug 47955.

I'm still seeing something similar as well. Although on my system, it's only completed action groups that aren't showing their triangles. Everything else looks fine.

-Dennis