The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Auto-Capitalization Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,

My apologies if this question is already answered or is obvious, but I've spent some time searching and haven't figured out the answer. Is there any way to achieve auto-capitalization of the first character of the line when you hit return in OmniOutliner? For example:

- this is a line of text --> - This is a line of text

Thanks for your help!

Greg

Nope, but third party software for auto-correction such as TypeIt4Me can do this for you (in all apps).

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, I've given this software a try, and (besides having to use additional software in the first place) the experience is still not satisfactory because:

1) When I tab into a new row, the auto capitalization is lost.
2) When I have an abbreviation in the middle of a line (for example, "On Wed. at 3...") it incorrectly capitalizes the next word in the middle of the line ("On Wed. At 3...")

All of this is to say that a checkbox in the Document inspector for OmniOutliner that auto-capitalized the first character of every line (and could be overriden if necessary on a line-by-line basis) would be a very useful feature.

Can't speak for the 1st issue, but the second one is something you can change in preferences or prevent by using a modifier (e.g. if I press shift space instead of just space on my Mac, it won't trigger auto-correction of the text).

I was looking for an answer to a similar question so I follow up on this thread which seems to be very close to what I want: I would like to capitalize the first letter of each row I have typed.
1. a feature (checkbox) in the inspector window as requested above would be the ultimate best solution to that issue, and I think its place in there is appropriate.

2. in the mean time, is there a script around that would do the trick because I have a few documents that I am working on that need to be finalized, I am sure others will find it useful

Hopefully this is a simple feature that the developers will consider (and even better add) for the next release ! :) Thanks in advance for any suggestion