The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Initial Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

OF 1.6.1 on my Mac

Just bought the app from the App Store on my iphone.

Set up my Mac to sync to a sync db on the same Mac (Bonjour)

Shared settings with my iphone

Clicked on my name that showed up on my iphone

The wheel is spinning

And spinnning...

How long should this take? I have tried for 20 minutes a few times now.

-Jeff

There's a bug in the latest release with the initial sync. Here's the workaround:
I'm having trouble setting up Synchronization in OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5 under iPhone OS 3.0. Can you help?

There's currently a bug in OmniFocus for iPhone that may prevent you from successfully entering your credentials when syncing. To get around it when setting up synchronization:

On the first launch screen, choose "Make New Database" (counter-intuitive, right?)
Go to settings and set up sync as normal.
Go back to the home screen, and if sync is spinning without prompting for a username and password, quit OmniFocus.
Relaunch OmniFocus, press sync and you should be prompted for a username/password.

Thanks so much!

It worked. (I had to choose the copy to work with...server
copy) since the 2 databases appeared unrelated.

-Jeff

Yes, that's right, and I apologize for not mentioning that! It isn't mentioned in the FAQ, either, and perhaps it should be for those who have an existing database.

Well, I I had read that the OF Syncing Forum had a sub-forum called "Bonjour Syncing", I wouldn't have had to post a redundant question...:)

Thanks again!

-Jeff