The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What is the fastest way? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there,
what is the fastest way for syncing? Sometimes my iPhone 5 needs up do 8-20 seconds just for syncing (with only up to 100 tasks, no pictures or stuff like that), which is very very slow on the go. Just look at Things' sync -.-

Is there any way to speed this up?

Last edited by lmsboy; 2013-02-07 at 03:53 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
Hi there,
what is the fastest way for syncing? Sometimes my iPhone 5 needs up do 8-20 seconds just for syncing (with only up to 100 tasks, no pictures or stuff like that), which is very very slow on the go. Just look at Things' sync -.-

Is there any way to speed this up?
Things' sync is faster than OmniFocus. There's really no debating that.

OmniFocus sync relies on your syncing every device that's running OmniFocus on a fairly frequent basis. Do you have one device that hasn't been synced in a while?

I sync all my devices more then once a day and the maximum of speed is 6 seconds, which is very rare -.-

That's really really bad, because time is money and if I'm at the customer and I want to add something which depends on some other tasks, I've to wait for sync.

Maybe one day OG will notice how important a fast sync is in a modern world.