The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RSS opens Safari- how can I use Omni instead? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My default browser at the moment is Flock- I never use Safari. Problems with Flock have lead me to look at Omni. I'm finding that the RSS button on the bottom only allows the option to open RSS feeds within Safari. Can this be changed? If so, how can I make Omni the default RSS reader? Thanks.

It's easy to make OmniWeb your default RSS reader. First open Preferences from the OmniWeb menu, or just hit the Command and the comma keys simultaneously [Cmd-,]. Under Application Preferences, select General. The second item from the top is Default Mail Reader. Select OmniWeb from the drop-down menu and you will be all set.

You can also hold option to force an RSS feed to be saved into your OmniWeb bookmarks even if it isn't your default reader.