The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context display in Forecast Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anybody else missing a setting allowing to see tha context in the Forecast window?

Not only that but being able to use the Forecast view while focused on a project. The Forecast view is so useful that I hope it migrates quickly to the other clients.

I'm curious as to how you would find this useful. To me the Forecast View is nothing more than seeing my date based tasks for the week at a glance. I love the presentation of the mode but I don't see how it working with Contexts or in Project View would help me to focus.

If I've assigned a due date to something I expect it to show up in the Forecast View at some point in time but not before and to me that's why GTD works so well in OF. Tasks are only exposed when their time comes up.

What are the use cases you envision for having a Forecast View mode available with Context and Project views?

I use people qs context. Hence I might have "send status report" in the context personA for a projectA. I might have a similar action for a PersonB at a later date.
Currently I couldn't see in the forecast window which one is which.
Yes, I might remember this. This would go counter w/ the GTD approach to write things down clearly in order to decrease the need for thinking about what exactly does this task name stand for.

Hrmmmm...interesting...I haven't encountered a scenario like that since I take a rather 'Action oriented' route when creating my tasks. I just use stuff like, "Call Robert back about SuperThingy for SuperDuper MillionDollar Project".

I agree. Project view in Forecast would be ideal. This allows you to view what tasks are schedule for a particular day by project. This is an essential thing in project management.

OMNI PLEASE ADD...

Send the ninjas an email, that works best to show user interest for a particular feature.