The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone do SCORM? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Our school is currently looking at a VIrtual Learning Environment that can import SCORM data. This would appear to be some form of xml (which I know almost nothing about!). As I have most of my lesson plans etc in OOPro it wouldd be nice to export to SCORM instead of spending several hours just copying and pasting!

Thanks

SCORM is a pretty complex collection of xml manifests and (usually) javascript 'harnesses' that allow the xml content (usually bundled in a html set, or compiled Flash environment) to play and report scoring and progress to a host Learning Management System.

If I was in your shoes, here's what I'd do, for a really quick way to get my content to fit in a SCORM system (note this involves a Windows PC :-(

* export your outlines to Keynote
** Do the inevitable tidyup of text etc. in Keynote
** Export from Keynote to a PowerPoint (ppt) file
* You'll need access to a PC - install the trial of Captivate - http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/
* Captivate can import a PowerPoint file and then save it all out as a proper zipped SCORM manifest
* Upload the scorm'd zip file into your Learning environment

It's not 'one-click' and I'd love to hear from anyone who's got a better/cheaper/non-PC way of doing this!

cheers...