The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Future of OmniWeb? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Now that OmniGroup has announced that it's shifting resources from its Mac apps to the iPad, I wonder how this affects the future of OmniWeb. Should we give up on OmniWeb 6 now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjay View Post
Now that OmniGroup has announced that it's shifting resources from its Mac apps to the iPad, I wonder how this affects the future of OmniWeb. Should we give up on OmniWeb 6 now?
I was thinking the same :(

Sadly, version 6.0 will probably take longer to be released than any of us anticipated, including The Omni Group!

Plenty of us use OmniWeb every day, so until you see an announcement that they've pried it from our collectively cold and dead fingers, you can assume it's still coming... someday.

When? Impossible to say. We've done one- and two-finger touch interfaces before but everything indicates that Apple is betting on ten-finger touch interfaces being the thing our kids use instead of mice.

That's going to take us a while to figure out. :-)

It appears we have some skeptics among us, who claim that Omniweb, since becoming freeware, will/ may not be supported, whatever; UNTIL I receive IN WRITING from Omnigroup, that this browser will no longer be supported, then I intend to use it as MY default browser, and use it at all times; second complaint on the "Pop up blocking"; I never read anything so dumb; the "blocks" are there to allow you to unblock this "offensive block" and on your lower right, you will see a small "X" block; that also is your "Pop up Blocker; if you want to see a pop up simply check on the "X". I know I cannot stop reading those who are not satisfied with Omniweb,but this user IS satisfied, and I put Omniweb though the wringer with security tests; all tests passed including the Acid 3 Test! It all boils down to "personal taste" Why not simply state that outright?

Absolutely el Correct-o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjay View Post
Pardon me, but I think that when OMNI Test Pilot answered the initial question, he had to know about iPad, so he knew already what is he writing about.

So what I wanted to say is, that the answer about the future development is still actual, no matter of iPad or whatever. That is what I hope for ;)

Tried to check out a sneaky peek today, but nothing available.

The sneaky peeks expire from that page after a time. There should be a fresh build up today, sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
The sneaky peeks expire from that page after a time. There should be a fresh build up today, sorry about that.
Many thanks.

Edit: Got it :-)

Last edited by derekJAB; 2010-04-20 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Additional comment