The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems syncing ominfocus on mac to ipod touch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am new to ominfocus.
i installed omnifocus on my mac and ipod touch. i entered data in both.
i set my mac to bonjour ; kept syncbase on my mac, clicked to broadcast.

then i opened my touch. when i tried to sync w/ my touch, screen says
database on your ipod touch is incompatible with the snc database. which would you like to keep?
keep device database?
keep sync database?

what shld i do?

Does OF sync well w/ical?

If you've made data entries in both before establishing the link between them, OmniFocus has no way to decide how to merge them. If you've got a significant number of changes on each device that you don't wish to re-enter, the easiest thing to do is probably to use File->Back Up Database on the desktop version to save a copy of its database. Then sync the iPod, and tell it to keep the iPod's database. Next, sync the desktop, and tell it to keep the sync database (which contains the iPod's data). Now you've got the iPod's data on both. With OmniFocus already open, double-click on the backup file you made, and copy over any projects and actions by dragging them from the backup file's window to the other. Subsequent syncs should not produce the message you saw.

thank you. it worked