The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flagged + in Inbox = Send to OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,
I'm relatively new to AppleScripting and otherwise automating OF, so bear with my inability to figure out how I'd achieve something like this:

In Outlook on my work computer, whenever you flag an email message, it's basically treated like a to-do item. I've gotten so that I almost enjoy that, in spite of not having OF on my work machine. Is there a way to configure Mail Rules/Smart Folders etc. so that if I flag a message in Mail, and it's in my inbox, it'll get automatically added to OF?

Thanks in advance!

interested as well

I found this online, but the script needs a lot of help. It crashes after adding about four items and it doesn't work with all inboxes types (i.e. Exchange and gmail). It seems like a good starting point though...

https://github.com/HunterHillegas/OmniFocusMailFlags

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrump View Post
it doesn't work with all inboxes types (i.e. Exchange and gmail).
Just a bit of clarification in case someone reads this and gets the impression it doesn't work at all with gmail. It should work with gmail if you've configured the account as IMAP.

The script looks pretty innocuous, and I don't see any obvious crashers in there. I don't use it myself, and have way too much flagged stuff to experiment with it. When you say it crashes after adding about four items, does that mean 4 items in the same run of the script? Was there any error message provided?

A version that works with Exchange is in the comments at http://www.hanchorllc.com/2011/12/11...os-mail-flags/