The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How best to organise files and folders? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I would welcome ideas on how to best organise all of the files and folders on my Mac.

At the moment it is a bit of a mess between live project related 'stuff', reference stuff (mostly by project) and stuff sorted by category (music, ebooks etc.)

Searching the web has been less helpful than I thought it would be.

One suggestion is a structure of:
  • Personal
    • InBox (where anything personal gets dumped b4 sorting)
    • Projects
      • first project
      • second project
  • Work
    • InBox (where anything work gets dumped b4 sorting, this has an alias to the personal inbox so it is actually one dumping ground.)
    • Projects
      • first project
      • second project

I suspect that there is no 'perfect way' but would be interested in learning how others keep things under control.