The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Feature/UI Requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My bad for misunderstanding.

In 5.1, I don't have to type a / to initiate find as you type. I just start typing and it jumps to the link that begins with the text I type. If it is on a link and I type the same text, it jumps to the next link. Veeeeery nice. :)

Ahhh, yes. That's for links. What the original poster was referring to was a text find, for any text.

Just to clarify what Troy was saying:

To enable a partial implementation of what you're asking for, type the following into the Terminal:

Quote:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 TextFindAsYouType -bool true

There are some other "hidden" features described over at the OmniWeb wiki (http://omniweb.erlang.no/doku.php?id=tips_and_tricks)

Did not manage yet to download the Sneaky Peek, as the server is responding very slow :-(

Anyway, apart from the speed and compatibility issue, which is now probably fixed by the latest WebKit, following are further reasons I stopped using OmniWeb and I'd love to see this changed to properly integrate OmniWeb into my workflow:

- Ability to send RSS feed urls (not only feed:// but also auto-detected feed urls) to different program
- More compatible AppleScript dictionary. Safari has "source" (the HTML code) and "url" attributes on "document". It would be nice if those could be added to OmniWeb as it makes it easier to convert AppleScripts.

Also, I'm glad to hear that the Text Zoom feature is intended to return in 5.5.

I would love to be able to use OmniWeb again! (used it since OS X 10.0 Public Beta and only recently switched to Safari)

Last edited by warp; 2006-04-27 at 12:24 AM..

Is there a reason OmniWeb won't allow the user the option of clearing downloads from the Downloads window immediately after they're finished?

Having to wait a day is really annoying, and it's an option every other browser out there has implemented. Consider OmniWeb is one of the more feature rich browsers out there, I can't figure out why Omni hasn't already done this.

I don't know of any official reason--probably we just didn't think of it.

You can always hit the "Clear All" toolbar button as it only clears the completed items, not in progress ones.

With my increasing use of workspaces I'm starting to think a system wide hot key to call up specific workspaces would be a good idea. I know OW defaults the hotkeys to the function keys but for us laptop owners that's not such a good idea because most people I know use the function keys for volume and brightness. In addition say you have a workspace that starts with B and then create a new one that starts with A then you have to remind yourself that the new workspace pushed the old one down a notch and instead of f1 opening the workspace, f2 now does.

Toodles

A second request for hot-key change

I was thinking that a change of hot-keys in the new OW version should be in effect. The current hot key command shit cmd + (left arrow) conflicts with the system command to highlight the entire sentence line should one choose to do so and for me it gets annoying when I am typing something in the forums and want to delete the entire line or edit it somehow and I hit that combination and it takes me to the home page instead of doing what is natural for OS X to do. Thanks

I've got a simple request:

Similar to Safari, when you click on a link and there's no network, you get a button to open the "Network Diagnostic" application.
Very convenient for me to get back the airport network :)

Nicolas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder
I know OW defaults the hotkeys to the function keys but for us laptop owners that's not such a good idea because most people I know use the function keys for volume and brightness.
That's what the function (fn) key is for. Hold it down to use the F keys as usual.

Quote:
In addition say you have a workspace that starts with B and then create a new one that starts with A then you have to remind yourself that the new workspace pushed the old one down a notch and instead of f1 opening the workspace, f2 now does.
I've found that irritating as well. What I've done is simply numbered each one in the name, so they always stay in order.