The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Daily Completion Report? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am wondering if there is any way to set up a perspective to show all of the actions/projects that have been checked/completed that day, so at the end of the day you know what you accomplished?

Thanks!!

In the context view, choose "Completed" for the grouping drop-down and "Completed" for the status drop-down.

This will give you a section for each time period you've completed actions in, with the top one being "Completed Today".

Then you can save it as a perspective.

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
Thank you!
oh one last qustion is there any way to generate a text file from that completion list to generate a report for someone who needs to keep track of your progress? Including the time estimates?

Thanks Again!

There are a few different ways to do this:

1) While this perspective is up, choose "Export" from the File menu. Then choose "Plain Text (TaskPaper) as the file format. The file will end in ".taskpaper", but you can open it just fine with TextEdit. The data will look something like this:

Code:
Completed today:
- take car for oil change @Out the Door @mins(60) @due(2008-07-25 09:00) @done
Completed yesterday:
- my toothpaste @Groceries @done
- kitchen sponges @Groceries @done
The time estimate (1 hour) is captured in the "@mins(60)"

2) Another approach would be to just select all the actions in that section in OmniFocus and copy/paste it to wherever it needs to go, but that wouldn't include the time estimates.

3) If you anticipate doing this all the time, the kinda geeky thing to do would be to write an AppleScript/Automator action that fires off at 4:55 every weekday afternoon which looks up all the OmniFocus actions with a completion date of today, along with their time estimates and formats it into an email, pre-addressed to your supervisor.

Awesome thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
3) If you anticipate doing this all the time, the kinda geeky thing to do would be to write an AppleScript/Automator action that fires off at 4:55 every weekday afternoon which looks up all the OmniFocus actions with a completion date of today, along with their time estimates and formats it into an email, pre-addressed to your supervisor.
4:55?!? My boss would have wanted to know what I did with the other half of the work day, not to mention the weekends :-)

Since I'm reading this at 11:50 PM, I feel obligated to admit that I don't "clock out" at 5 pm either.

is there any way to include actions that the project is not yet complete?

It seems to work great for complete projects but have not found a way to do it on projects I am still working on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
is there any way to include actions that the project is not yet complete?

It seems to work great for complete projects but have not found a way to do it on projects I am still working on.
Make sure you are in Context mode. In that mode, the Completed Items view bar setting includes actions that have been completed, regardless of the status of the project.