The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sort tasks by dragging Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it, or will it, be possible in context view to manually sort tasks by dragging them up or down? Once I have focused on a particular context I would like to order the tasks and then start doing them. Right now it appears the tasks' order is dictated by the order of their parent projects, which seem less relevant in context view when you are looking at a single context.

Maybe there is a way to do this with the filters that I have overlooked?

Thanks,
Pete

I would very much like to see this ability as well. It just seems so natural to be able to order the tasks in a context by dragging them considering you can do this in the project view.

In fact its a real pain not being able to. Could this please be added as a feature request.

Many thanks
Jason

I'd like this too.

Remember to use Send Feedback in the program to submit formal feature requests.

Curt

I think either this ability, and/or the twin ability. The use-case where you want to change priorities is definitely awkward right now, having to hunt through a big project list for the things you were just looking at in context view.

Changing order is very tricky, though, because all the items you are moving may not be in the same project. It's really tough to get an algorithm that works for all cases in this regard. I'd love to hear suggestions, as I'm sure the OmniFolks would. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkoffel
I think either this ability, and/or the twin ability. The use-case where you want to change priorities is definitely awkward right now, having to hunt through a big project list for the things you were just looking at in context view.
See View -> Show in Project View

Curt