The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

pretty printing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love OF, have been GTD'ing for a couple of years, tried a lot of tools, this is the one. But I am old-fashioned and I love a daily to do list printed out, ready to take a big marker to, to cross off tasks as they are accomplished. The OF lists I have been able to put together are butt-ugly. If we could have a go at the CSS setting up the HTML sheet we could customize that, or there could be a little wizard letting us set printing preferences, choose fields to include, etc. Anyone more resourceful than me who has already hacked this to work?

Thanks,

Rob

I have the same 'problem' or actually wish. I would like to print out a list with next action which i can hand out to someone else. He can, then tick off the next actions which were related to him.

So please Omnifocus devellopers, please give us some more printing options.

Could the people unhappy with the current printing support post an example for me to see of what you want? Maybe I just lack sufficient imagination, but the lists which occasionally issue forth from my printer have been quite usable for me.

A next action printout is easy. Go to context mode. Select remaining, group ungrouped, sort due (or whatever you like), next actions, any duration, any flagged state. Print. I've attached a screenshot of page 21 (!) of my next actions list as an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	next actions example.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	620  

Hi whpalmer4,

Off course there are prints to be made, which are usefull for myself. But to make a list which is useful to other people should be looking like it means something. Here are two sheets attached with my problem. I cannot really control the width of the columns. If i do then the letters are becoming bigger to a point it really looks ridiculous. So the ability to control the columwidth is actually want i miss.

p.s1. Both are screen captured on the same zoom level.

Thanks.

p.s.2 Yes, i had a busy day yesterday and could not finish. hehe, i have to renegotiate my commitments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap_10.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap_11.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	624  

Last edited by baarlaar; 2008-08-04 at 08:21 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarlaar View Post
I cannot really control the width of the columns. If i do then the letters are becoming bigger to a point it really looks ridiculous. So the ability to control the columwidth is actually want i miss.
The name column will resize to fit the width of the page (within the margins); all other columns should remain exactly the size you specify. (You can define a custom paper size and assign margins in Page Setup.)

The size of the text is controlled by the Scale setting in Page Setup: if it's too big, try reducing the scale to 80% or lower. (Note that this will reduce the size of the fixed columns: they will always fit exactly the same amount of text on paper as they do in your window.)

Once you get everything tuned exactly the way you want it (with the right column sizes, page size and margins, text size, etc.), you can save everything into a new perspective by selecting "Save Window as New Perspective" from the Perspectives menu. You can then return to that perspective at any time in the future to print it. (Or, if you have your Perspectives window visible, you can click on the perspective you want and hit the Quick Print button in the toolbar at the bottom to print it without displaying it first.)

Hope this helps!