The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flushing cache hangs OW Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
this has been going on for awhile. Every time, without exception, that I select ‘flush cache’, OW hangs and I get the spinning beachball.

Any ideas?

What happens if you start afresh by first manually deleting the history files from the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniWeb 5 folder (when OmniWeb is quit). Can you clear the cache OK after that?

I think it's more like it makes OW very busy. When I flush the cache I also get the beachball for a very long time, sometimes 30 seconds or more, but if you wait long enough it will most likely become responsive again.

Flushing the cache is much quicker in Safari and FF. Another item on the wishlist for 5.8 final?

arglborps...nope, that ain’t it. I’ve left it, gone and taken a shower, got dressed, come back 30 minutes later and it’s still spinning.

but I think JKT is on to something. I deleted each file that had the word ‘history’ in it and it then exhibited the behavior arglborps mentions. Spun for a bit and then returned control. Guessing one of those files got corrupted.

Thanks, folks, much appreciated.