The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus and OmniFocus for the iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've always been impressed with Omnigroup's products and service. I use several of them and have been a loyal customer and advocate. However, I feel like the OmniFocus and OmniFocus for the iPhone are not only overpriced but very misleading in the descriptions. Simply put, I don't feel like I got what was sold to me. The old bait and switch..

When I saw the OmniFocus for the iPhone application on the App Store I was eager to purchase it, knowing that Omnigroup had created a good product in OmniFocus. Moreover, I was also very pleased to find that it was able to sync with OmniFocus. The ability to Sync with the advertised "WebDAV" was one of the main reasons I purchased it. So, I purchased OmniFocus for the iPhone for $20.

When I went to set up OmniFocus for my Mac I purchased (reluctantly but willingly) an overpriced but good product for $80 only to find that what I actually ended up using was an Alpha version of OmniFocus since that is what supports syncing with OmniFocus for the iPhone.

This is bad news! Not only did I end up with a buggy OmniFocus for the iPhone application for $20 but I also got an alpha build of OmniFocus for my Mac for another $80. Alpha software for $80 to do what is advertised as a seemingly standard feature on the OmniFocus for the iPhone application description in the App Store?! I'm not sure that asking your customers to pay $100 to alpha test your software is good customer service.

The App Store description of OmniFocus for the iPhone still has no indication that it requires Alpha software to sync.

What are you complaining about Alpha software for? The software is more than stable - I have never had a crash on it - the only reason its not a final build is because they are adding features to it NIGHTLY so you are getting an application that is being updated and made better every single day!!! This is what I would want of all of my apps! The iPhone software is very very stable! The only issues that lie with it are in the iPhone firmware which the software runs on which is very unstable but that will be fixed soon I hope.

So can you stop being so negative about two fantastic products that have more support and development than most applications out there!

Syncing is not a fully stable feature yet. It deserves a 'beta' label. (And the caution that goes with it.) We have addressed several serious issues in the past couple weeks and are working towards a final stable 1.1 release. We have revised the text on the App Store a couple times, but if you have suggestions on how to make OmniFocus' features and requirements clearer, we welcome your feedback.

If you would like a refund, please contact sales@omnigroup.com to arrange for a refund of OmniFocus for Mac. Unfortunately, Omni does not have the power to refund purchases made through the App Store. You will have to address that request to Apple.

Our refund policy: https://store.omnigroup.com/cgi-bin/...&topic=refunds