The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF iPhone 4.0 Wishlist Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could we pretty please with a cherry on top get an iPhone equivalent to the ctrl-alt-r key shortcut to jump between viewing an action in project or context mode?

It is one of my most used shortcuts and it's very difficult to do the same thing on the iPhone meaning that when I check off an action as 'done' on the iPhone I have no idea whether the project still has any next actions or whether I've created a stalled project.

All it needs is a button down the bottom along with 'take photo' or whatever that says 'jump to project' or something.

#2 please. I already emailed asking for this. Let me get rid of that funky calendar. The Mac version runs on my Macs, the iPhone version on my iPhone - I don't think I need it on a separate iCal.

Alarms

wake up

Put activate OF so that it runs in the background all the time

get notifications/reminders all day

I have my own wishlist of features, top of which is the ability to 'delegate' an Action or Project to another user. In another thread, I've discussed why I've stopped recommending the OmniFocus App to casual users, primarily because there is no way to email or SMS out an action, import or export content, or interact with social networking (ie. you can't 'tweet' a completed action!).

I have great sympathy towards the OmniGroup as the App store doesn't seem to support a way to generate revenue from App upgrades. However, I've noticed that other developers have got around this by releasing updates that use in-App purchases to unlock features. I regularly use an App that does this and which has so far requested an additional payment of 59p to unlock the importing of email attachments, another 59p to share via MobileMe, etc. which I have been more than happy to pay.

Is this method a way that the Omni Group can be encouraged by its users to continue adding new abilities to the App? As a desktop user, I would have happily paid in the last upgrade to unlock the Perspective feature in the iPhone App. If export by email, SMS, etc. was added in the next release and it cost maybe £1.99 to unlock and, say, 10,000 users purchased it, that at least would help Omni to defray some of the development costs.

Or am I being hopelessly naive?

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-06-10 at 07:01 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs97 View Post
3) Proximity context reminders, with "Background Location", eg. you get to work, a popup with a quick summery of tasks that you have pending at this context location.

5) Mirror Project in the Calendar, eg. "Vacation Prep" could also spawn an entry in your iCal with a link back to OmniFocus.
my wishes too.

But what sort of battery drain might the location detection be?

I'm still a bit unclear on what "multitasking" in iOS4 actually means. When OmniFocus (or anything... Simplenote for example) is running in the background, will it be able to sync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_c View Post
I'm still a bit unclear on what "multitasking" in iOS4 actually means. When OmniFocus (or anything... Simplenote for example) is running in the background, will it be able to sync?
Not continuously, no. Task completion is a feature of multitasking so it could finish a sync and then go to a quiescent state but it will not continuously run and sync and consume CPU.

as soon as i heard of local alerts, i thought of OF on the iOS.

I'd love to be able to "send to inbox" from Mail. No idea what's involved in making that possible, but I love that feature in the laptop/desktop version and wish it were a little easier to do it on my iPhone. Maybe the quick switching will take care of it. Can't wait to see if it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgunn View Post
I'd love to be able to "send to inbox" from Mail. No idea what's involved in making that possible, but I love that feature in the laptop/desktop version and wish it were a little easier to do it on my iPhone. Maybe the quick switching will take care of it. Can't wait to see if it does!
By providing Add Action URLs, Omni has done all they can to support sending actions to OF iPhone from other apps. It's up to the other apps to either support bookmarklets (like the one to send pages from Mobile Safari to OF iPhone) or embed the code to send actions to OF iPhone. Sending from iPhone Mail to OF iPhone is up to Apple. There isn't anything Omni can do about this on the iPhone.

Omni is experimenting with hosting their own sync servers. So I guess we can imagine them providing a service someday where users could forward an email to the service and have it added to their OF database on the sync server. This is essentially what many people are doing using their desktop Macs and the OF Mail Rule.

Curt