The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab + Enter works in Gmail but not it Google for my domain Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With all the activity on 5.6 sneaky peeks, i thought I'd give OW another shot at dethroning Camino. Since I've switched over to Google services for my email, I thought I'd put those through their paces first.

I tried Google for my Domain using a per-site preference to say that I was using Firefox 2 on a Mac. Everything seemed to work great, including the chat window. I was also able to Tab + Enter to send a mail.

Next I tried out Gmail, figuring it would be the same. Unfortunately, using the FF2 identifier lost me all the formatting on the page, rending it useless. I switched to the standard OW, and while I couldn't do the chat, I could do the Tab + Enter to send a msg.

Back to GGL for my Domain, and using the OW identifier doesn't let me Tab + Enter to send a mail.

Email frustrations abound!! Is there any solution that anyone has found?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyl_warrior View Post
Next I tried out Gmail, figuring it would be the same. Unfortunately, using the FF2 identifier lost me all the formatting on the page, rending it useless. I switched to the standard OW, and while I couldn't do the chat, I could do the Tab + Enter to send a msg.
Unfortunately gmail has engine specific versions so the Gecko version (Firefox Camino) isn't compatible with WebKit based browsers (OmniWeb Safari).

If I understand the tab + enter problem you're encountering it looks like this has to do with the rich text editor. The plain text editor doesn't reproduce the problem. Hopefully this is something that will improve as WebKit develops.

Thanks,