The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Odd Sort in Project on ipad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have two projects in particular that are giving me odd (but similar) issues. I am running OF on the Mac, my iPhone, and my iPad, and all three are running the latest release versions.

On my Mac and on my iPhone, the tasks display exactly as I expect them to, which is exactly as I have entered the tasks when I created the project on the desktop. However, on the iPad, there are two tasks (out of 9) in each project that are out of order. These two tasks are the exact same two in each of these two projects that are out of order, and they are out of order in the same... order (if that makes sense). If I try and rearrange these tasks on the iPad, OF fights with me and jumbles up the tasks in the project even more. Very odd behavior.

Again, these tasks are listed in the correct order on the iPhone, and they are in the correct order on the Mac. So what in the world is going on?

None of these tasks have start dates or due dates. The project is sequential, so the first task must be completed before the next is available (obviously). Odd thing is that on the iPad, the second task in the list is available (and it's the one that, when ordered correctly, should be first in the list). I'm at a loss as to what is happening or how to fix it.

I recently had something like that occur recently. In my case, I clipped some messages from Mail, and on the Mac, they showed up at the bottom of the project, where one would expect. But on the iPad, they showed up at the top! Force-quitting the OmniFocus app on the iPad and relaunching it cleared it up. My bug report was #735843. Might mention that if you file a report and make it a bit easier to link the two incidents, assuming a force-quit also resolves the issue for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
...assuming a force-quit also resolves the issue for you.
As a matter of fact it did. Forced quit and restarted and all was right again. Odd.