The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help, student new to GTD and omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi, I'm a med student in need of some help starting using omnifocus. I'd like to plan my day according to location:

Location 1: Campus #1, Hospital, Gym #1
Location 2: Home, Gym #2
Location 3: Campus #3, Gym #3 i.e. school campus, home, and hospital.
On-the-Go/Personal: Low-priority stuff that I can get done on subway/bus, or special occasion type events

When I'm at location 1, I only want to see things that I can do at campus #1, the hospital, or at gym#1 and likewise for the other locations.

Some projects can be done at multiple locations. For instance, there is a gym here at home, one at work, and one at school, and I'd like the gym task/project to show up in any of the three locations until I work out, then I want it to disappear from all three. The workout would probably be a project with be the entire workout listed: action=exercise. (Which brings up another question, can you make a project recurring?)

Several of my tasks require a computer, or require me to remember to bring a book, or remember to bring a gym bag. I'd like to note this in the heading, since macs & gym lockers on campus are spread far apart, and med textbooks can be really heavy. Here's my Ideal

When I'm "On-The-Go/Personal"
-Just random actions, no need for sub-categorization

When I'm at "Location 1"
->Personal Errands (specific to location 1)
->Work Errands (specific to location 1: school/hospital stuff that must be done in person)
->Anywhere with a Computer (also shows up at the other 2 locations: email, research, studying, presentations)
->Bring a Book (also shows up at the other 2 locations: studying)
->Bring a Gym bag (some workouts require equipment specific to location X, others at any of 3 locations)

Repeat for location 2 and 3

Whatever method must work for iphone version also. Any suggestions?