The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fastest Method of Syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Recently (few days) I started using OmniFocus on my Mac at Home, MacBook and the iPhone... still saving for the iPad Version!

As my database is still relatively small, I have the opportunity to make some changes and take the risk of loosing data.

I am finding the MobileMe sync to be dreadfully slow... even with less than 20 projects and about 100 tasks. Do I live with it?

Or would it be faster if I setup a WebDav Server?

Thanks

Well
IPhone will spin the sync icon for about 30 to 40 sec before the screen will fade out and it starts to sync.

On the desktop it's about 50 sec on certain syncs.

I think it could be the MobileMe authentication that taking so long. That why I thought that a WebDAV share might be faster.

Ah. Not sure. My sync with MobileMe doesn't take nearly that long, unless I have a lot of zip files built up over the weekend. Even then, I have only a random few times seen the iPhone act like you describe. I have never seen the Mac act like you describe.

There are a lot of factors in play here such as network speed and distance to the MobileMe server housing your account. Not sure if a different WebDAV solution would be any better or not. Have you tried signing up for the Omni Sync Server beta to try that out?

http://www.omnigroup.com/sync/

It must be the server connection, don't think Apple has MobileMe mirrors in Australia...

I have access to a public server which I will configure as a webdav server and give it a go.

Thanks for the replies.