The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quickly toggle between All tasks & Remaining tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Most of the time, my Projects view shows Remaining tasks, with the View bar hidden. That works fine until I want to add a new subtask to a parent task that happens to be hidden because all previous subtasks have been completed. So I need to momentarily show all tasks, add the new subtask, and return to showing just remaining tasks.

That "momentary" change is actually getting tedious:
  1. Reveal the View bar.
  2. Change from Remaining to All.
  3. Add the new subtask.
  4. Change from All to Remaining.
  5. Hide the View bar.
It's actually a bit more than that because I have to move my right hand between keyboard and mouse.

I thought I could use Perspectives to streamline this sequence, but changing perspectives discards my folder selection.

I tried using QuicKeys to do the toggle, but it doesn't see the View bar as buttons/menus (and using raw clicks is problematic).

If the View bar actions appeared in the main menu bar, I could create my desired quick toggle using QuicKeys or Menu Master.

Someone posted an Applescript that used to be able to toggle view bar settings. I used it a long time back, but deleted my copies once Perspectives started working for me. I can't locate it now but it must be somewhere on these forums. Would that help?

I found the topic Craig mentioned: Smart Contexts via AppleScript

When I have time, I'll have a go at embedding a bit of AppleScript in a QuicKeys keyboard shortcut.