The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

repeating action start/end times syncing woes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Folks!
Over the weeks i've come to realize that there is some issue in the way syncing handles dates & times of repeating actions. I use a single Mac, MobileMe and a 1st Gen iPhone when syncing OF between Mac & phone.
I have a few repeating actions to be done in specific time frames each day (e.g. an end of day review). On the iphone date and time settings for such actions are changed and after syncing these changes propagate back to my mac (sic).

Example:
On the mac i set an action as repeating daily, starting on the 22.09.2009 at 16:00h and becoming due on the 22.09.2009 17:00h (german date format, sry).
In the evening i realize that after some syncing the iphone shows this task as starting on the 22.09.2009 at 23:00h (huh?) and becoming due on the 23.09.2009 at 00:00h. On the next morning i take a look at my mac and here these changed action times are displayed, too.
AFAIK this happens only to repeating actions.

Blind guess: Time zone issue?

Does anyone else see similar behaviour?
Cheers
Silvan

Probably dumb question: Are your Mac and iPhone set to the same time zone? Which time zone?

Yep, both are Berlin/Germany (+1h GMT). :)