The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

www.zdf.de Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey folks,
you can not view stuff on the german homepage zdf in their "Mediathek". They use flash and h.264 for the presentation. After some time OMNIweb crashes. That's not very nice. Here you can try it yourself:

http://www.heute.de/ZDFmediathek/con...0?inPopup=true

The problem only occurs when i use the quicktime plugin! If i use the VLC one it works fine!

BTW Sneaky Peek brings no improvement.

Hi PeeM,

I have no problems at all viewing content in the ZDF Mediathek.

Greetings

PeeM:If you're still out there are you still seeing this issue?

I'm a german user too, but for me there's no problem. OW plays the video without crashiness.

Hi PeeM, when I view the Mediathek with QT settings, I do not see any content. With either VLC or WMP, it works.
Problem is, VLC is a very rare option on websites and there are more and more sites with video (i.e. Apple) I can only watch with Firefox.
(OS 10.4.10)
There seems to be a problem with webKit and Quicktime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by box View Post
There seems to be a problem with webKit and Quicktime.
I would dispute this. All the sites that make OW 5.6 crash work perfectly fine in Safari 3. So, even if there is a Quicktime-Webkit problem, it is worse with OW, in my experience.

FWIW, the wmv at http://walki-talki.com/store/press.php still crashes OW on my system.

For people that are crashing in Quick Time do you continue to have trouble if you turn off the webkit Quick Time plug-in? You'll still have the regular NS plug-in loaded so Quick Time should still load.

Open up your plug-in preference pane.
Find "QuickTime Plugin.webplugin" and restart OmniWeb.
Do you continue to crash?

If you re-enable the plug-in above and disable "QuickTime Plugin.plugin" do you start crashing again after a restart?

You can also perform this test by setting aside the appropriate plug-in file found in:

/Library/Internet PlugIns/

While OmniWeb is not running.