The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Boolean operations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love OmniGraffle - it, along with OmniPlan, allows me to turn off my PC at work and ignore it. There's one function though that I think it needs before it can be described as perfect. Boolean operations. The functionality to add or subtract shapes from each other, for example to allow OmniGraffle to punch a circle through the middle of a square.

This would be particularly handy for drawing floor plans. A room could be created as a plain rectangle and feature could be added to that shape (like a bay window) or subtracted (like a chimney breast).

One to think about for the next version perhaps?

This is already possible: edit->shapes->subtract. However I think it is a feature of OmniGraffle pro

Yeah, according to this page

http://www.omnigroup.com/application...provsstandard/

it's a Pro feature.

Wow. I've got a lump in my throat. I'm geeking out. This is awesome! I suppose I should have purchased the boxed version to get the manual, rather than just paying for a license number.

Thanks Omni - you guys really are the business. Now, if Graffle could just make me a cup of tea once in a while and feed me chocolate digestive biscuits and fruit cake, I'd be ecstatic.

Pascal: Most if not all of the print manual's content is also available in PDF form. Here's the link for the OmniGraffle 5 manual: http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...e-5-Manual.pdf