The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crashing way to much... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
While trying to follow my fantasy football on yahoo yesterday & on espn omniweb would not stay running for more than a few minutes then it would crash.

other sites like the notorious myspace, ign, and a few other video intensive sites bring it to his knees.

i've got a decked out iMac Duo & a decked out duo 2 macbook pro and its the same on both systems...

i have no modifications...

I was really hoping for good things but I might have to go back to Camino :(

If you look at the crash log when it appears, is there anything consistent about the details for the thread that crashes each time? If so, does it give any pointers as to what it could be?

For issues like this you should definitely send us feedback via the help menu in OmniWeb. Omni Support Ninjas will be happy to investigate the problem.

I agree with you.

I have been sending a crash report on average at least once per day. Sometimes more often. All I receive is an automated reply from the crash team thanking me for my input. I have yet to determine the cause because OW 5.5 crashes without warning and at various times and ways. It is way too unstable in my opinion.

Why don't I ever receive any replies from the OW dev team? I paid good money for a browser which is not stable!

Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Naslund
I agree with you.

I have been sending a crash report on average at least once per day. Sometimes more often. All I receive is an automated reply from the crash team thanking me for my input. I have yet to determine the cause because OW 5.5 crashes without warning and at various times and ways. It is way too unstable in my opinion.

Why don't I ever receive any replies from the OW dev team? I paid good money for a browser which is not stable!

Chuck
From the email you get back:
While we don't generally review individual reports, the combined information from your crash reports is very helpful to us.

If you would like to be contacted by one of our support ninjas, please
use the "Send Feedback..." item under the application's "Help" menu.
Otherwise, you will not be contacted about this crash report unless we
have a specific question about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Naslund
I agree with you.

Chuck
I'll ask again - is there anything consistent about the thread that has crashed? Or is it different each time? (OmniCrashCatcher will open at the thread that crashed so this should be fairly easy to spot).
Does it happen after visiting any particular sites at all?
Do you have any system hacks, contextual menu items and/or input managers installed?

Next time a crash occurs, copy and post the log here (in the code tags - put [ code] [ /code ] around the text with no gaps between the brackets and each "code") before sending it in to OmniGroup.

I know this doesn't help, but other than a one off crasher which turned out to be caused by a glitch in the OS that was solved by restarting, I have had only 9 crashes since June and I test all the sneaky peeks and betas, and use OmniWeb a lot every day.

FWIW, those 9 crashes include testing sites identified by others here at the forum as automatically causing OmniWeb 5.5.x to crash so it would be even less than that as they aren't ones I would typically visit. However, it is possible you are running into one of those sites or a site exhibiting similar problems each day (we all browse differently), but there could be other reasons.