The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem with Visio "Callouts" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm evaluating Omnigraffle to see if we could use it in place of Visio (which we have to run in a VM or via RDP etc). It's critical that we should be able to import Visio drawings, maybe not so critical to be able to save them.

The first problem I've found is that Visio "Callouts" don't import correctly. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I've uploaded three little screen grabs, one shows a bit of an existing drawing opened in Visio, the second shows what comes up in Omnigraffle, and the third shows it selected.

Thanks,

Tony S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Visio Callout.png
Views:	529
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	2472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Visio Callout in Omnigraffle.png
Views:	529
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	2473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selected in Omnigraffle.png
Views:	527
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	2474  

Is the shape default in Visio? What's it's name?

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Loaded a VSD with a callout and I cannot delete the callout shape. I can delete the text that was in it, but the call out shape itself...

Using OG Pro 5.4.2.

Anyone?

Thank you

Hi,
I was using Visio earlier and I am now consultant and turn to Mac
Before purchasing Omnigraffle, I want to know to what extent Visio diagrams can be read/write from or to Visio.
Is "callout" specific drawback or are there others ?
Thanks for advice
Denis