The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Quickest way to move certain things forward? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
If you have a project with various components, priorities, etc., but then need to essentially put everything else on hold (or lesser priority, technically), in order to focus on one hierarchical section to meet a deadline; any best-practices for doing so?

I employ a combination of the following to hopefully create the best OP sequencing of work: task priority; dependencies; order of tasks in the outline; etc.

I'm looking for a way to place a particular hierarchy placed ahead of all else in the sequencing of a project, temporarily.

The real world example, is I have lots of work to be done on a construction project, but need to temporarily put all my efforts into focusing on electrical work planning prior to a scheduled meeting with an electrician.

I could perform a labor-intensive manual re-prioritization, but that doesn't sound like fun. Perhaps a temporary group dependency allocation?

thanks

Bob