The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

omnifocus roadmap? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie1702 View Post

Whether it was wise of the Omniguys or not to publish a roadmap of future
ONE feature is all it takes, and even though I appreciate Ken Case's investment into the future with his move to create a suite of software for the iPad - and I agree with him when he says large touch screens are the future. If only this one feature of 'tagging' were to be added to OF, it would allow so many minds out there to finally be at rest.
This "ONE feature" is not as easy to implement as one may think. There will be future implications that must be considered before adding a major feature such as tagging..... The underlying database structure and engine must take into account the flexible world of tagging. A user interface must also be considered. Tagging is a complex beast to tame. If used sparingly, it is a great and powerful tool. But if abused, it can just lend more complication to any program and your GTD setup in particular.

This "ONE feature" has created monster threads with a lot of passion and emotions involved. I would rather have the Omni-folks take their time and get it done right than just dash out a tagging feature.