The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Open questions after Ethan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I guess at the end of the day David Allen's original solution for Maybes and On Holds is the simplest: Create a context (or two, if you want to differentiate the concepts) for these kinds of tasks (actually probably projects, really, once you get to them).

Or alternatively, work on the project side and define the whole project as On hold and/or Maybe. OmniFocus seems to be designed this way, with Inactive projects (though it does not distinguish between the two, I think a solution could still be to make a Maybe master project folder for the 'real' maybes/brain dumps versus 'real' on holds which as simply inactive.

In kGTD, the other easy shortcut was to NOT assign contexts to on hold tasks, which would then not show in the context view and appear as grayed out in the project view. Omnifocus seems more robust than that.

A different issue is the 'waiting for' category, but that's probably solved with a combination of start dates and/or sequential tasks. We should be in good shape there.

What GiovanniM said.

I will be setting up a context or folder for such things, and what will happen is is usage is logged or captured someway us users will probably come up with a solution naturally be implmenting GTD using Onmi Focus. I think it will evolve from there