The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard annoyance Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it just me, or do you find it annoying that the keyboard always pops up when you go to select a project and/or context for a task? Having the keyboard in the way reduces the scrollable/viewable area for projects/contexts. Perhaps it's because I have a small list number projects/contexts, but wouldn't be better/consistent to use the contacts locator metaphor i.e the list of letters down the right hand side of the screen and you tap on a letter to go to the project/context that starts with that letter or tap on the magnifying glass to bring up the full text search field (at which point the keyboard pops up)?

Not exactly sure what the annoyance is?

For me, I always use the keyboard to select or create contexts. It's so much faster than using the mouse.

Select action
tab 2 times to get to project
type first letter of project, first few letters, or first letter of each word in a project.
select project
hit tab
do the same for context

I you've confused this iPhone forum for the Mac forum.

Ahh... yes. My apologies.

i too have a small list of context. so i would prefer to see the list than a key board. so yes, it is annoying for my use.