The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Syncing via Omni Sync Server
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Should I switch from MobileMe to Omni Sync? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Title pretty much sums up my question: is it time to switch from MobileMe to Omni Sync? I don't have any problems with MobileMe sync at the moment, but was thinking it might be EOLd at some point.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcaz View Post
Title pretty much sums up my question: is it time to switch from MobileMe to Omni Sync? I don't have any problems with MobileMe sync at the moment, but was thinking it might be EOLd at some point.

Thanks!
I think iDisk is going to be EOL'd around the end of June, from what I recall? So I think you have time.

I'm still using the MobileMe option, personally.

I was both nervous to switch from MobileMe and happy with the results. Sync seems the same if not a little faster on the Omni server.

I am currently syncing between all my devices using MobileMe. I need to switch as the end of MobileMe is coming. Are there specific steps that I should go through or can I just change the syncing option?

Happy to help, kanders001 - the steps you can use to migrate from MobileMe to our server are posted here. Hope that helps!